Throughout February, we’ve been celebrating the universal language of love with Glossies around the world – and, as every one of us loves a good pamper session, we’ve organised a global makeover to help you all get ready for your Valentine’s/Galentine’s plans together.
Whether you want to stick to a classic British look, flaunt a typically-German bold eyeshadow, pull off a chic French lip, embrace the elegant no-makeup makeup look inspired by the Nordics or channel your American sassiness, here are five tutorials for five popular makeup looks from around the world.
1. British Elegance: A Classic English Rose
For her Valentine’s rendezvous, Lydia opted for a natural look with a dewy glow, making highlighter the eye-catching focus of her design.
Flaunting peachy eyeshadow, a gorgeous nude brown lip and a warm, radiant highlight, Lydia is ready to impress.
Recreate This Popular Makeup Look
- Use a beauty blender to apply foundation onto your face and neck for a full-coverage effect.
- Blend and build the peachy hues of the MAC palette to create a soft smokey eye. Then, apply the eyeliner to your lash line and delicately smoke it out with an eyeshadow brush. Finish off the eye look with a few lashings of mascara.
- Shape and define your brows using the eyebrow pencil so that they look fuller and more sculpted.
- Sweep the highlighter onto your cheekbones, brow bone, down the bridge of your nose and onto your Cupid’s bow to create an iridescent look. Repeat until you achieve your desired glow.
- Finish off the look by lining your lips with the lip pencil, then filling them in with the lip gloss.
To create this look, Lydia used:
- L’Oréal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation
- Mac Warm Neutral Palette
- HD Brows Long Wear Liner – Intense Black
- L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Carbon Mascara – Black
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil
- theBalm Cindy Lou Manizer Rose Highlighter
- HUDA Beauty Lip Contour – Flirt
- NYX Professional Makeup Butter Gloss – Madeleine