From high-tech skincare that soothes and hydrates to gorgeous glitter makeup, our newest Limited Edition is sure to be your new beauty best-friend! Featuring 10 incredible products that will see you through the winter months, the GLOSSYBOX x heat Christmas Edit has it all.
The Story Behind The heat Christmas Edit
With all the beauty essentials you could need in one gorgeous box, you’re going to LOVE the heat Christmas Edit. Worth over £110, this must-have box includes products from brands such as Barry M, Luxie and Mudmasky.
Intrigued to know the exact products inside? Keep reading!
#1 – UpCircle Beauty Pamper Kit
Housed in this Pamper Kit are four UpCircle bestsellers – the Face Mask, Cleansing Balm, Face Moisturiser and Face Serum.
- Face Mask – made with discarded olive stones, this mask detoxes and minimises pores.
- Cleansing Balm – made with repurposed apricot stones, this balm melts away makeup and impurities.
- Face Moisturiser – made from the powder of discarded argan shells, this product gently soothes and hydrates.
- Face Serum – this award-winning organic serum features ingredients such as coffee, rosehip and sea buckthorn oils which nourish and firm skin.
#2 – Tony Moly Red Wine Mask
Replenish your skin with the I’m Red Wine Mask Sheet. This mask’s three‐layer pulp sheet is formulated with red wine extract, which helps to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, while tightening and purifying skin. For a healthier looking complexion, apply the mask onto a clean, dry face and leave on for 20-30 minutes. When removed, pat any excess into your skin until fully absorbed.
Intrigued by sheet masks? Why not read our blog on the benefits of sheet masks, which also shares a few more of our favourites!
#3 – Mudmasky Blue Light Protection Mask
Spending too much time in front of your digital devices? If so, this Blue Light Protection Mask is for you. Protecting your skin like a shield, this mask prevents premature skin-ageing caused by the HEV-light that’s emitted off smartphones and laptops. The perfect replacement for your usual day cream – apply a thin layer to your face and leave on during the day.
How Does HEV Light Damage Skin?
HEV light reaches the hypodermis and makes it potentially more damaging to the skin than ultraviolet rays! HEV light exposure can lead to dry and sensitive skin, which speeds up the process of skin aging.
Which Ingredients Help?
Mudmasky’s easy formula blocks HEV Light up to 94% from digital devices, and includes ingredients such as:
- Carnosine – boosts your skin’s natural defence against daylight and radiations whilst firming, and smoothing the skin.
- Tocopheryl Acetate – a strong antioxidant that helps to protect cell components from premature changes and supports the formation of new cells.
- Natural Calendula – reduces inflammation for the preventive care of normal, sensitive and dry skin.
- Moroccan Lava Clay – an extraordinary mineral-rich clay that helps in the treatment of dehydrated, sensitive skin, and enlarged pores, and also builds and strengthens the elasticity of the skin.
#4 – Q&A Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum
Hyaluronic Acid is a super hydrator. Therefore, enriched with this natural ingredient (plus many more!), this Q+A facial serum will quench even the thirstiest skin. Calming, soothing, firming and anti-ageing, this product is suitable for all skin types in need of a hydration boost! For best results, apply the serum to clean skin, prior to moisturising, both morning and night.
Key Ingredients In The Q&A Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum:
- Hyaluronic Acid – rejuvenates, hydrates, and promotes healthy skin. Renowned for its anti-ageing properties, making it a key ingredient for mature skin.
- Biosaccharide Gum – provides intense moisturisation whilst helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines. Leaves skin velvety soft and feeling fresher than ever.
- Betaine – helps to balance moisture levels and prevents products from feeling sticky.
#5 – Gosh Copenhagen Gosh Catchy Eyes Drama Mascara
Give your lashes the dramatic volume they deserve with just one coat of Catchy Eyes Drama Mascara! This mascara lasts up to 24 hours and catches even the tiniest of lashes with its unique, curved brush.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Mascara
If mascara is one of the few makeup products you’re wearing during lockdown, you want to make the most out of it! Here are our top expert tips!
- Curl your lashes first – curling lashes makes them look even longer. Not sure how to use one? Follow our guide on how to use an eyelash curler to make things simple!
- Precision placement – place your wand at the root of your lashes, then wriggle the wand through your lashes in a zig-zag motion, working upwards from the root all the way to the tip.
- Be gentle on the bottom – start by holding your wand horizontally and applying a couple of coats, then turn the brush vertically and coat each lash individually.
For more expert tips, read our blog on ‘How To Apply Mascara!’
#6 – Beauty For Real Gold Metallic Eyeliner
The only tool you need to pull off the prettiest party season make-up trend there is! Whether you’re adding a subtle glittery touch to your lids or crafting statement wings, this metallic gold waterproof gel eyeliner delivers intense 24-hour wearable colour. With conditioning Vitamin E, this product also wins the award for the smoothest glide when applying!
#7 – Barry M Nail Paint in Pure Sunshine
Add a glittery festive finish to your nails with Barry M’s Pure Sunshine. This clear nail paint is fully loaded with a mix of fine silver, light yellow gold and iridescent glitter pieces. Quick-drying, long lasting and suitable for both natural and acrylic nails, this nail polish can be used on its own, or as a top coat to add sparkle to a solid colour.
#8 – INCredible Cosmetics Red Hot Ready Glitter Lip Gloss
Calling all glitter addicts! This fixating, fine glitter lip topper is the product on everyone’s lips (quite literally!) this season. Powered by vitamin E it also protects, nourishes and moisturises your lips, offering all day, comfortable wear. Apply over your favourite lipstick and watch the colour come to life.
How To Apply Lip Gloss
- Prep – start with smooth lips! Use a lip scrub to buff away dead skin cells and hydrate your pout.
- Line – to make gloss last longer, line and contour your lips!
- Apply – apply gloss to your bottom lip only, then rub your lips together to cover your top lip too.
Want to know more? Read our blog on ‘How To Apply Lip Gloss’ now.
#9 – Sport FX HIIT Highlighter
Created with all types of active women in mind, SportFX works as hard as you do. Infused with sweet almond oil, the buildable formula in this High Intensity Illuminating Trio highlighter provides a gorgeous natural glow and is designed to stay put, whatever you’re up to. Its three shades make it perfect for different skin tones whilst its light texture allows your skin to breathe.
#10 – Luxie Blush Brush Rose Gold
Create a rosy flush with the Luxie 514 Blush Brush, a mid-sized makeup brush that has been perfectly formed to apply blush to cheeks with even and flawless results. Part of the brand’s signature ‘Rose Gold’ collection, this brush is 100% vegan and cruelty-free, and has an elegant rose gold ferrule and chic pink bamboo handle.
How To Clean Your Makeup Brushes
If you’ve got a set of makeup brushes you love, you need to keep them in good condition. Regularly and effectively cleaning your brushes is an essential (weekly) task. Unsure how to do this or what products to use? We’ve got you covered with our guide on ‘How To Clean Makeup Brushes’.
When Will The GLOSSYBOX x heat Christmas Edit Go On Sale?
The GLOSSYBOX x heat Christmas Edit box will go on sale on Monday 23rd November. Subscribers get priority access from 9am, whilst non-subscribers will be able to purchase their box at 12pm the same day. The box will cost £35 for all beauty lovers!