Halloween is likely going to look a little different to normal this year. But just because we can’t get dressed up, go to Halloween parties or possibly even Trick or Treating, doesn’t mean we can’t get into the spooky spirit at home!
Fancy making some scarily cute Trick or Treat cupcakes to celebrate? We’ve teamed up with superstar baker LoveRosieCakes to bring you a simple, step by step guide! Follow the below steps to create her chocolate orange flavoured cupcakes in three spooktacular themes – ‘Scarily Cute Ghosts’, ‘Trick or Treat’ and ‘Eat If You Dare Fake Blood’!
How To Make Halloween Themed Cupcakes
Start by making the chocolate orange sponge for all of your cupcakes!
- 112g butter or margarine
- 112g caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 70g self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon orange flavouring
- Mix together the above ingredients.
- Heat oven to 160C/gas 4 and fill a cupcake tray with cases.
- Pour the mixture evenly into each case.
- Bake for 22 mins.
Spooktacular Ghost Cupcake Decorations
Isn’t this the cutest ghost you’ve ever seen?
- Using white fondant icing, roll a small ball into a cylinder shape. This will hold the ghost up on your cupcake!
- Next, roll out some more white fondant icing. This doesn’t need to be too big, just big enough to fit over the top of your icing ball to create the ghost shape!
- Place your rolled out white icing on top of your cylinder shape and start to shape your ghost!
- Finish off by using a black edible pen to draw the eyes and mouth.
Trick or Treat Cupcake Decorations
Letter cutting is a useful skill for all kinds of occasion cakes and don’t worry, it’s easier than it looks.
- Roll out orange fondant and cut it into lines.
- Using plastic letters, spell out the words your want and slide them into your letter holder.
- Stamp your text onto the orange icing and place on top of your cupcake!
Eat If You Dare Fake Blood Cupcake Decorations
A must-have addition to your Halloween party, impress your friends with these spooky edible fake blood cupcakes!
- To make edible fake blood, simply mix corn syrup with four parts red food colouring and one part blue. The blue helps to create a dark red colour, which makes the blood look more realistic!
- Once mixed, pour over any of your cupcakes you want to give a scary twist!
The Finished Results
We couldn’t think of anything better to treat your friends and family to this Halloween!
Subscribe To Become A Glossy
Subscribe now to get your hands on our next monthly box – no tricks, we promise! We still want to treat you though, so when you subscribe you’ll be signing up to receive an iconic pink GLOSSYBOX full of some of the industry’s most loved beauty products. Rest assured, each month your box will contain at least five products and will be worth over £50!