FOREO have always been ahead of the game when it comes to innovative, smart skincare devices (their LUNA fofo smart facial cleansing brush is proof of that!) and now they’ve launched another revolutionary product: the FOREO UFO 2 Smart Mask Treatment Device.
Introducing The UFO 2 Smart Mask Treatment Device
The latest version of the original UFO device, this smart mask treatment device combines Korean formulas with the latest science and technology to give you a spa-worthy facial at home. It can be used to apply a variety of face masks, all of which come with a tailored routine that uses different lights, temperatures and sonic waves to make the treatment as effective as possible.
How Does The UFO 2 Work?
FOREO is a brand that is driven by science. That’s why this new device uses four types of therapy to keep your skin looking its best:
1. Different Coloured Lights Target Different Skin Troubles
The FOREO UFO 2 uses light therapy to treat your skin. It mixes and matches eight colours (or wavelengths) to make the mask as effective as possible.
- Red Light: Perfect for reducing the signs of ageing, it helps your skin to produce more collagen and elastin, making it look firmer and lifted.
- Blue Light: Ideal for blemish-prone skin, it helps to prevent breakouts by reducing acne-inducing bacteria and stabilising overactive oil production.
- Green Light: Ideal for uneven skin tones, it helps to brighten dull-looking complexions, whilst reducing the appearance of dark circles and age spots.
- White Light: With the ability to reach the deeper layers of your skin, it helps your skin to renew and rejuvenate itself.
- Purple Light: Perfect for dull-looking skin, it helps to boost your skin’s radiance by helping it to heal, soothing inflammation and eliminating toxins.
- Orange Light: A great way of treating sun damage, it helps to revitalise your skin, giving it a healthy glow.
- Yellow Light: If you ever suffer from sunburn, this will soothe the swelling and improve your overall skin tone.
- Cyan Light: Ideal for calming stressed-out skin, it acts as an anti-inflammatory, soothing and healing swollen skin.
2. Heating Technology Helps Your Skin To Absorb More Nutrients
The new UFO also boasts a warming function (aka thermo-therapy) that heats to 45 degrees, opening your pores and helping the treatments to better penetrate your skin. It also loosens the natural oils on the surface of your skin, giving it a radiant-looking finish.
3. Cooling Settings Lift And Firm Your Skin
The opposite of thermo-therapy, cryo-therapy uses low temperatures to treat your skin. That’s why the UFO 2 cools to as little as 5 degrees to reduce puffiness, inflammation and large pores. It also helps to lift and firm your skin.
4. Sonic Waves Exfoliate And Smooth Your Complexion
To reach the deeper layers of your skin and make the treatments as effective as possible the FOREO UFO 2 relies on sonic waves. These go deep into your pores and gently massage your skin to relax your facial features. They also work to exfoliate and detoxify your skin, all whilst smoothing out fine lines, softening dark circles and reducing puffiness.
What Face Masks Does It Work With?
With 13 different masks to choose from, you’re sure to find a treatment that works for you. At least one of the below will no doubt take your fancy…
- For Dry Skin – H2Overdose Mask: Infused with hyaluronic acid, this microfiber face mask instantly infuses dry, thirsty skin with soothing moisture. You can expect hydrated, smooth and supple skin.
- For Oily Skin – Matte Maniac Mask: Boasting purifying charcoal, this mask removes dirt, impurities and excess oil to give you a fresh and clear complexion.
- For Combination Skin – Green Tea Mask: Filled with antioxidants, this refreshing mask purifies and protects your skin, giving it a healthy and radiant glow.
- For Ageing Skin – Youth Junkie Mask: Formulated with collagen, this anti-ageing mask deeply nourishes your skin to give it a firm, lifted appearance. You can say goodbye to fine lines and wrinkles!
- An Overnight Treatment – Call It a Night Mask: Blending rich olive oil and rejuvenating ginseng, this mask nourishes and revitalises your skin, leaving it soft and smooth.