You may have noticed, if you ever scroll through that thing called Instagram, that the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2017 recently took place in Shanghai.
The VS Angels came out in force, including Jasmine Tookes, Bella Hadid, Taylor Hill, Josephine Skriver and Alessandra Ambrosio, strutting the runway in extravagant wings and new season lingerie that we’ll no doubt be adding to basket imminently.
But while the glitz, glamour and gorgeous skimpies are all very well, there’s one thing we always love about the VS Fashion Show year after year: yep, the makeup. Without fail the Victoria’s Secret runway always delivers a seductive makeup look, and this year was no exception.
A sultry smoky eye, flicked liquid liner, chiseled cheekbones and a glossy pared down lip: it’s the perfect party look.
If you’re as taken with the makeup as we are, you’re in luck. The December GlossyBox and our limited edition Christmas Beauty Case just happen to include products that are ideal for recreating the VS look. Hurrah!
Ready to get your glam on? Here’s our step-by-step guide to recreating the makeup from the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2017…
Step 1: The Smoky Eye
Tip: When there’s a heavy eye involved, we prefer to do that first. It makes cleaning up any fallen powder much easier, and you won’t spoil your foundation. For the show makeup artists created a bright, glowing smoky eye with hints of gold, peach and bronze, which means the Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Palette in Copper Peach, which you’ll find in the Beauty Case, is ideal.
- Start by sweeping the deep bronze shade over your lid, taking it up to the crease. Then add some depth along the crease by blending in the darker brown.
- Using the copper shade, carefully smudge a little under your lower lashes to create that sultry feel.
- Brighten everything up by sweeping the pearly peach over your brown bone, blending it right down to the crease.
- Now it’s time for liquid eyeliner—and your first December box sneak peek! The Steve Laurent Liquid Eyeliner has a thin pen-like nib, which makes drawing along your lashline super easy. Start with a thin line from the inner corner, widening it slightly as you get towards the outer corner.
- Finish with a feline flick (you can do this after foundation if you prefer) and lashings of the Lash Perfect Black Mascara, which you’ll find in the Beauty Case.
Step 2: The Glowy Skin
Tip: Radiance is key when it comes to the base of this look, so we suggest starting with a brightening primer like the This Works In Transit Camera Close Up. We had to include this in the Beauty Case, not just because it helps your makeup last longer, but because it blurs, brightens and smooths all at once.
- Follow your primer with a brightening foundation, or mix a little liquid highlighter into your normal foundation for a dewier finish.
- Top up with a concealer like the the Nip + Fab Colour Corrector, which you’ll find in the Beauty Case, to even your skintone and disguise any blemishes.
Step 3: The Contour
Tip: When it comes to chiseled cheekbones, it’s not all about the darker contour. Highlighter plays a key role, so be sure to balance the two with a duo palette like the Studio 10 Bronzing Veil, which (you may have guessed) you’ll find in the Beauty Case.
- Suck in your cheeks to find the natural hollow under your cheekbones. This is where you need to build shadow, so sweep your bronzing powder or contour colour here with a precision brush like the Blank Canvas Cosmetics F31 Targeted Contour Brush, which of course, you’ll find in the Beauty Case.
- Once you’ve blended your contour (no stripes here please), sweep a pearly highlighter over the highest point of your cheekbones, and blend it upward towards your temples.
Step 4: The Defined Brow
Tip: A well groomed brow is the perfect way to really pull a whole look together. Strong brows will frame your face to add definition, and even make you look more youthful.
- Remember the Collection Define & Perfect Eyebrow Powder from the November box? Use that to fill in your brows and add volume, by drawing feathery, hair-like strokes through your brows. Keep an eyebrow comb handy, and use it help disperse the powder by combing through between every few strokes.
- Keep your brows in place and add a little extra gloss by finishing with a brow gel like the Pixi Beauty Brow Tamer—yep, you’ll find that in the Beauty Case too.
Step 5: The Nude Lip
Tip: A nude lip keeps this look feeling effortlessly sultry, especially if there’s a subtle hint of berry, but there’s no reason you can’t switch things up with a bolder hue.
- When you look for the perfect nude to suit your skintone, you want to aim for a colour that’s around two shades warmer than your natural lips. In the Beauty Case you’ll find the Rodial Suede Lips crayon in Big Apple, a plummy, pink nude that’ll suit everyone.
- For long lasting lipstick, begin with lip liner—you’ll find a great Rodial Lip Liner in the Beauty Case. Line the edges of your lips to create a barrier that’ll stop any colour bleeding out. Filling in your lips with the liner too will help to give your lippy something to grip too.
- Top things up with two coats of your lipstick, using a tissue to blot between coats.
Love this? For more beauty tips, news and tutorials see what’s new on Beauty Unboxed today.