We know all Glossies want gorgeous, glowing skin. So we’ve got more expert skincare knowledge to share with you! As we’ve said many times before, exfoliating is the perfect way to revive your skin. An exfoliators main job is to bring back a natural glow to your complexion, by ridding your skin of dead skin cells and unclogging pores of dirt and impurities. However, they also help smooth and soften your complexion!
Read on to find out all you need to know about exfoliating peels and scrubs, their benefits and our recommended exfoliating products…
The Different Types Of Exfoliating Peels And Scrubs
There are three different types of exfoliators:
- Physical – Physical exfoliators buff away dead skin using a fine grit (or exfoliating beads) whilst also unblocking pores.
- Chemical – These exfoliators (including AHAs BHAs) penetrate deep into your skin, breaking down the ‘glue’ that keeps dead skin cells attached to your skin’s surface.
- Enzymes – Enzyme exfoliators dissolve dead skin cells with little to no scrubbing.
Why Are Exfoliating Peels And Scrubs Good For Your Skin
There are many benefits of incorporating exfoliating peels into your skincare regimes. These include:
- Buffing away dead skin cells
- Unclogging pores
- Smoothening your skin’s texture
- Helps to brighten your complexion
- Allows creams used afterwards to absorb into the skin better
Six Exfoliating Peels & Scrubs To Try For A Clear Complexion
Consider these six amongst the high achievers of the exfoliating world…
GLOSSYBOX Skincare Exfoliating Clay Scrub
We wouldn’t put together a list of peels and scrubs without including our very own Exfoliating Clay Scrub! To leave your skin feeling clean and refreshed, our scrub is made of a blend of three hardworking ingredients that are great for glowing skin. Rice makes for a great exfoliator, gently buffing away dead skin cells from even the trickiest of areas to reach, while Cornish clay draws out your skin’s impurities to deeply cleanse pores, while leaving the skin looking shine-free. Specifically used to improve the appearance of uneven skin tone and other factors that contribute to a dull complexion, lactic acid helps to restore your complexion’s natural radiance, while superhero ingredient glycolic acid also helps to exfoliate and unclogging pores to reveal smoother skin.