Four Reasons Why You Need To Exfoliate
If you don’t use an exfoliator, trust me, you’re going to want to start. Here are just four of the many reasons to embrace exfoliation…
1. It Keeps Skin Youthful
Did you know that exfoliation promotes the production of collagen? As this protein is responsible for the structure of your skin, it helps to keep it plump, firm and youthful-looking. So if you want to either reduce or prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, you need to exfoliate!
2. It Prevents Breakouts and Acne
As you no doubt know, one of the key benefits of exfoliation is that it buffs away the dead and dry cells on the surface of your skin. This helps to unclog your pores, freeing the oils that might otherwise get trapped and breakout into black or whiteheads.
3. It Evens And Brightens Your Skin Tone
By scrubbing away the dead, dull cells on the surface of your skin, exfoliation also helps to even out your skin tone and reveal the brighter, healthier skin beneath. It’s the easiest way of achieving a smoother, renewed-looking complexion!
4. It Helps Other Products To Work Better
You don’t need me to tell you that the key to healthy skin is a good routine, with each step helping the next product to work more efficiently. You see, if you don’t exfoliate, these dead cells on the surface of your skin will act as a barrier that prevents your serum and moisturiser from reaching the deeper layers of your complexion. So, to ensure your other skincare essentials can work their magic, you need to exfoliate.
Insider Tip: The Gentle Rose Beautifying Face Exfoliant helps your other skincare products to penetrate 20% better.
How To Exfoliate Your Skin
Now that you know why you should be exfoliating, here’s how to achieve professional-looking results at home:
- Cleanse: Unless your product specifies otherwise, you should always exfoliate on freshly cleansed skin.
- Exfoliate: Apply the exfoliator onto your face and neck, then lightly massage it in with damp fingertips using circular upwards motions. For best results, focus on your forehead, nose, chin and jawline.
- Rinse: After about 30seconds of exfoliation (make that 20 seconds if you have sensitive skin and up to 60 seconds if you have an oily complexion), rinse your face with warm water and gently pat it dry with a towel.
- Hydrate: After exfoliating, it’s important to lock moisture into your skin. A rich cream and/or serum will do the trick nicely.
Insider Tip: It is best to exfoliate at night. You’ll not only wake up with a brighter and smoother complexion, but it will give your skin time to adjust too. Also, remember to apply an SPF the next day to protect from UV rays and sun damage (related: A Broad Spectrum SPF Is Your Anti-Ageing Miracle Worker).
Subscribe To GLOSSYBOX
To receive an Avant exfoliator worth £92, as well as four other awakening and nourishing products, order your ‘Blossom’ GLOSSYBOX now!