This month, we’re focusing on beauty resolutions and all the things you can do to become the best you. So, in the spirit of solidarity, I thought I’d share my 2019 resolution with you.
This year, I’m going to decrease my plastic consumption – and, as my first step towards that goal, I’ve switched from shampoo bottles to shampoo bars.
What’s All The Hype About?
If you watched Blue Planet II this time last year or caught the latest Attenborough triumph Dynasties, you’ll know the importance of recycling and minimising the use of plastic. With that in mind, I’ve been on the hunt for the best shampoo bars out there – and here’s why I’m never going back to bottles again.
- Smell luscious,
- lather really well,
- control how much product you use, and
- keep your hair cleaner for longer.
That’s right! Not only do they lather really well (dare I say better than most bottled shampoos I’ve used), but you can easily control the quantity of shampoo you use.
Shampoo bars keep my hair cleaner for longer!
Usually, by the end of the second day, my hair is just screaming for some TLC. With shampoo bars, though, I can easily go three days without having to wash it. Now, don’t be too quick to think ‘ew gross’. Washing your hair less often is actually beneficial. You strip fewer healthy oils from your scalp and don’t dry out your locks.
Insider Tip: To make your bar last even longer, leave it to dry on a soap dish or by an open window. This will allow the bar to dry fully and consequently last longer.
Other Benefits To Making The Switch
- A convenient size: Unlike bulky bottles, shampoo bars don’t take up a lot of space. Their compact size make them the ideal travel partner (I slip mine into my gym bag).
- Small but mighty: Not only are they much smaller than bottles, but shampoo bars actually last up-to three times longer than an ordinary bottled shampoo (I accidentally put one of mine in a two-and-a-half-hour washing machine cycle and it’s still going strong!)
- Eco-friendly: With no plastic packaging, these shampoo bars are environmentally sound.
Finding The Right Shampoo Bar For You
Hopefully I’ve awakened the eco-warrior in you. If you want to join me in my resolution, all you need to do is find the right shampoo bar for you. I’d recommend:
- For oily hair: Brilliantly Balancing or Zing Fresh by AA Skincare.
- For dry and damaged hair: Illuminate Blonde or Almond by AA Skincare
- For added shine: Lavender and Tea Tree by Friendly Soap or Twilight by AA Skincare.
- For flaky scalps: Life Style by AA Skincare or Lavender and Geranium by Friendly Soap.
Join The Glossy Family
Due to incredible demand, we’ve now sold out of our January ‘Beauty Resolutions‘ edit. You can still be part of the Glossy family though! Subscribe today to pre-order February’s box. It includes a luscious HUDA Beauty Lip Contour you won’t want to miss! #StayGLOSSY