This June, we’ve decided to bring the world to you with a box that is filled with 5 beauty essentials from far and wide. Among them is an incredible eyeliner launched by Iraqi-American beauty guru Huda Kattan. That’s right! Our ‘World of Beauty’ edit features the HUDA Beauty Life Liner.
Please note: The June ‘World of Beauty’ GLOSSYBOX featuring HUDA is now sold out! You will receive our June ‘World Of Beauty’ GLOSSYBOX if you subscribed before 5pm on the 19th of May.
About The HUDA Beauty Life Liner
The Liner Liner is a dual-ended eyeliner that boasts a liquid liner on one end and a creamy pencil on the other. Whilst one side allows you to draw the perfect flick, the other helps you to fill it in and achieve the ultimate finish. It’s the perfect tool to create a truly eye-catching look!
Better yet, both formulas are waterproof, smudge-proof and really long-lasting. As Huda Kattan put it, this eyeliner is life proof.
The Story Behind The Life Liner
Ask Huda Kattan why she’s been obsessed with eyeliner since she was 14 and she’ll tell you that it’s because eyeliner lifts the eyes, makes them look bigger and gives you a healthy, wide awake look. For a long time, she was reticent to launch her own as she wanted to create an eyeliner that was different to all the other ones on the market. After years of work, though, the HUDA Beauty Life Liner was launched in August last year.
She readily admits, however, that because this eyeliner has a brush tip, it isn’t the easiest to apply. So, with that in mind, here’s a quick guide on how to apply it:
How To Use Your Life Liner
The trickiest part of applying an eyeliner is getting the wing just right. Of course, it helps if you have something to trace, so Huda recommends using a post-it as a guide:
- Place a post-it along your bottom waterline and angle it so that it falls where you want your eyeliner flick to be.
- Hold it in place, then apply the liquid liner along the side of the post-it to draw your flick.
- Use the pencil side to fill out the liquid line you’ve just drawn, bringing the line inwards, towards the inner corner of your eyes.
- Tightline your upper lash line using your pencil side. This will help to blend the eyeliner seamlessly with your lash line and fill in any negative space.
- You can also apply a touch of pencil liner to your lower lash line, then use an angled brush with densely-packed bristles to blend it out.
Insider Tip: Hold your breath whilst applying your liquid liner, it will give you a much steadier hand.
How To Remove Your Eyeliner
As this eyeliner is so long-lasting, a normal cleanser or micellar water won’t take it off. Instead, you should opt for an oil-based remover (the L’Oréal Paris Absolute Make-Up Remover Eye and Lip will do the trick nicely) or try the Wishful Clean Genie Cleansing Butter which is perfect for removing waterproof eye make-up. Cleansed, refreshed skin that is free of makeup awaits!