Roses are one of those iconic flowers that we associate with the best things in life: romance, beauty and luscious scents. Did you know, though, that rose also has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it a great skincare ingredient? Here’s everything you need to know about the benefits of rose and the best rose-infused skincare products out there…
What Are The Benefits Of Rose For Your Skin?
Rose has long been revered for its skin-loving properties. Even the Greeks and Romans used rose petals when indulging in relaxing baths. Now though, rose comes in three key forms (rose water, rose oil and rose petals), all of which can have tremendous effects on your skin:
- An Anti-Inflammatory: Rose can help to calm your skin and reduce redness. It is particularly effective for oily and acne-prone skin.
- An Anti-Bacterial: Rose can also be used to sweep away dirt and impurities without stripping your skin of its moisture.
- Full Of Vitamin C And E: Roses are rich in vitamins, which help to stimulate the collagen in your skin and keep your complexion hydrated.
- Locks In Moisture: Roses are full of sugars and natural oils that help to keep your skin moisturised, smooth and soft.
- A Detox For Your Mind: Of course, rose also has a lovely scent that enhances your mood, helps you to relax and can even relieve anxiety.
Now that you know why you should be using rose-infused skincare, here are some ways to incorporate it into your routine…
The Best Rose-Infused Skincare Products
Enriched with delicate rose petals, this deeply hydrating hydrogel mask instantly soothes your skin and reduces redness. It also infuses your complexion with an array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that moisturise your skin and help it to recover from free radical damage.