Have you found a golden ticket in your May box Glossies? Remember, this month we’ve partnered with Remington and we’ll be giving golden ticket finders their newly-released Curl & Straight Confidence 2-in-1 Straightener!
It’s their brand new hair styling tool. You can use it to create three different looks and the Glossy Team is showing you exactly how to use it!. Here’s how to give yourself beachy, tousled waves:
Tutorial: How To Create Loose Waves
- Brush your hair so that it’s smooth and knot-free, then section it into two, pinning up the top half.
- Gather a 4cm-wide section of hair and clip the two-in-one straightener around it.
- Turn the styler 180 degrees (or half a turn), then glide it quickly down your hair to create loose waves. If you have short to shoulder length hair, it should take 5 seconds to glide down a section, mid-length hair should take 5 to 10 seconds, while long hair should take 10 to 15 seconds.
- Repeat until the whole bottom section has been curled, then unclip the top half of your hair and curl the remaining locks.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to brush through your hair and loosen your curls. Flowing, Hollywood-worthy waves await!
- Get glam!
If you aren’t sure what heat to have your Curl & Straight Confidence on, here’s a rough guide:
- Fine and bleached hair: 150-170 degrees.
- Normal, healthy hair: 170 to 210 degrees.
- Thick hair: 210 to 230 degrees.
If you aren’t getting your desired result, try increasing the temperature until your hair goes wavy. Be careful though! Too hot and you’ll have tight ringlets.
Check Out Our Other Tutorials
Did you know that you can create three different looks with this single hair styling tool? Check out this blog to learn how to build fierce curls, or this one to achieve a gorgeous sleek and straight look.
About The Curl & Straight Confidence
Wondering how one tool can so perfectly create three hair styles? Remington’s Curl & Straight Confidence boasts unique twisted plates that can either be twisted to an 180 degree angle to build curls and volume, or glided straight down to give your locks a smooth and sleek finish. Check out this blog for more details on the straightener.
Will You Find A Golden Ticket?
For your chance to find a golden ticket and win Remington’s 2-in-1 Straightener, subscribe to GLOSSYBOX now!