Whether you’re already an avid fan or have a few qualms after watching the countless YouTube clips of people peeling them off in pain, there’s no denying that peel off charcoal face masks are having a moment.
The thing is, when used correctly there’s no pain involved at all – and what’s more, the post-application benefits are on another level. Particularly if, like much of the population, you have blackheads and are at a loss when it comes to banishing them.
What Are The Benefits Of Peel Off Charcoal Face Masks?
- Brightens the skin – charcoal masks can give your skin an instant boost, brightening your skin.
- Purifies the pores – charcoal face masks reach deep into your pores to clear away any built-up dirt, oil or other common pollutants.
- Buffs away dead skin cells – a charcoal mask also exfoliates skin thanks to its coarse texture, effective eliminating dead skin cells.
- Mattifies oily skin – charcoal balances the oil secretion on the skin so these masks are perfect if you have oily, blemish-prone skin.
- Treats acne – charcoal face masks can rid your skin of acne-causing elements like excess sebum, clogged pores and dead skin buildup. It can also help to minimise the size of active pimples and dry them out!
How To Use A Peel Off Charcoal Face Mask
- Tie your hair back (for obvious reasons!) and remove any makeup.
- Squeeze your charcoal peel off mask onto your finger tips.
- Apply the mask to your t-zone in an even layer, being sure to avoid applying it to the delicate skin under your eyes and above your upper lip.
- Leave the mask on for around 20 minutes, or until it is completely dry.
- Once ready to remove, peel the mask off slowly and gently in an upwards direction.
- Finish by rinsing your face with warm water and gently dry with a towel.
Subscribe To GLOSSYBOX
If you’re not already a Glossy, sign up today! You’ll not only start receiving our incredible monthly boxes, but you’ll also be able to begin earning your Glossy Credits, and you’ll get priority access and exclusive discounts on our Limited Edition boxes and the GLOSSYBOX Skincare range. What more could you want?