Applying false lashes can be pretty tricky. In fact, it’s an art many of us are yet to have mastered. But once you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll be popping on a pair at any given opportunity – especially with festive party season on the horizon!
You see, a simple pair of false lashes instantly up the ante of your makeup far more than mascara ever could. They can make your eyes look wide and add a dramatic finishing touch to a smokey eye.
So, to help you on your way, we teamed up with Kiss Lashes to create an easy step by step tutorial on how to apply false lashes like a pro…
1. Firstly, work out your eye shape. To help you out, we created a little guide here.
2. Curl your eyelashes and apply one coat of mascara – this helps to support the weight of the false lashes.
3. Remove one of the lashes from the box (we used Kiss Looks So Natural Lashes, £4.95) using tweezers and rest the strip along your lash line to see whether you’ll need to trim it to size.
4. False lashes tend to flatten when you take them out of the box, which makes them pop up at the outer corners of your eyes. A little trick we’ve learnt is to roll the lashes around your finger or a pencil and leave them for a minute, as this will help them remain curved.
5. Carefully dot a thin layer of glue along the lash strip from corner to corner and then wait a couple of seconds for it to go tacky.
6. Look down and gently press it against your lash line at the outer edge, in the middle and at the inner corner. Use your tweezers to carefully squeeze the false lashes down onto your natural eyelashes so you’re not left with a gap of skin.
7. To create more uplift, gently push against the lashes at the edge of the inner lash line.