When it comes to dry skin, nothing buffs it back to its former silken self quite like a really decent exfoliatior. For this, we call on the best body scrubs around. They equip just the right ratio must-have qualities. They’re moisturising, while sloughing away dead skin. Gentle, yet effective. Scented, but never too strong – and best of all, they’re energising, while making you feel so beyond relaxed, like you’ve just stepped out the spa.
Here are 10 of our all-time favourites – so hop in the shower and scrub-a-dub-dub….
1. There’s always room for a bit of decadence in any woman’s bathroom and when it comes to scrubs they don’t get any more luxuriously skin-softening than this. Organic sugar and orange and cedar oils make this a sensorial sensation.
Rituals Good Luck Scrub, £19.50 at Rituals
2. Exfoliating dry skin can seem counter-intuitive; sloughing away dead surface skin is all well and good, but not when it also strips away much-needed natural oils. Yes To’s coconut scrub strikes the perfect balance by ridding the dullness of dry skin while also providing the moisture it needs to stay soft and supple.
Yes To Coconut Polishing Body Scrub, £7.99 at Boots
3. The syrupy scent of this scrub is like breakfast in a pot. The golden sugar will leave your limbs feeling smoother than ever, thanks to the inclusion of bananas, almond and honey extracts. Simply scoop out a handful, work into damp skin using circular motions and voilà!
Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub, £8 at Boots
4. A gentler way to exfoliate. Enriched with a combination of shea butter and apricot oil, the fine ground nutshell particles will softly slough away any flaky skin, leaving it feeling instantly fresher and squeaky clean.
L’Occitane Ultra Rich Body Scrub, £22 at L’Occitane
5. This is such a gentle yet effective polish that, thanks to its creamy texture, feels like a luxurious moisturising treat as opposed to a thorough scrub. It has super-fine particles in a rich cream to take exfoliating to luxurious heights. The delicate scent of geranium and walnut is designed to perfectly compliment each and everyone one of the brands much-loved fragrances.
Jo Malone London Geranium and Walnut Body Scrub, £40 at Jo Malone London
6. This is as close as you’ll get to a spa scrub in the comfort of your own home. It’s packed full of 5-star spa worthy goodness including lavendar, jasmine, rosewood to calm you senses and safflower, jojoba oil and vitamin E oil to nourish and soften your skin. Reawaken sluggish skin while leaving behind a delicious layer of oil.
NEOM Organics Real Luxury Body Scrub, £34 at NEOM
7. The fragrant blend of rosemary, cedarwood and cinnamon in this sea salt and brown sugar invigorating scrub gives your skin a delicate, fresh scent, while the mix of essentials oils in a shea butter balm provides you with a nourished, radiant glow.
Bamford Botanic Sugar Polish, £35 at Bamford
8. Infused with exotic Tahitian monoi oil and frangipani flowers to seal in moisture and leave behind a delicate scent, this mineral rich blend of salts cleanses and exfoliates the skin to leave it baby soft.
Elemis Frangipani Monoi Salt Glow, £36.50 at Elemis
9. Sweep away any dry skin with a dash of this rich, radiance boosting scrub from No7. Enriched with sweet almond oil, argan oil and rosehip seeds, it’s designed to leave your limbs feeling silky soft and glowing – what more could you ask for?
No7 Intensive Radiance Body Scrub, £10.50 at Boots
The Body Shop Spa Of The World African Ximenia Scrub, £18 at The Body Shop