After months of not being able to cut and professionally colour our hair, we’ve all rediscovered the joy of having beautiful tresses again. With that in mind, I’ve rounded up a quad of pretty styles for summer that are practical and on–trend, so you can twist, braid and tousle your hair to feel like your best self during these sunny months.
The S Braid
Classy, stylish and practical, braids are a staple for summer hair. Not only do they keep you cool, but they look great and can be kept in for up to three days. Of course, when it comes to plaits, the S braid has got to be one of my favourites!
Here’s how to create this look:
- Part your hair from the right-hand side.
- Starting at your temples, begin a French braid. Instead of plaiting straight down as you usually would, though, snake the style into an S-shape.
- Secure the braid with clear bands and tuck any strands of hair into the braid, securing with hairpins.
Relaxed Top Knot
When it comes to hair styles for summer, we love the slightly worn-in look of a top knot – and it’s a great way of keeping your hair off your face on a hot day!
Here’s how to achieve this style:
- Starting with damp hair, apply some volumising mousse from root-to-tip and blow dry straight.
- Using a paddle brush, pull your hair into a tight ponytail at the back of the head, then secure with a hair tie.
- Mist your hair with hairspray to give it an extra, long-lasting hold and wrap your hair around the ponytail into a loose bun. Keep the bun edgy and let loose pieces of hair fall out for a whispy finish.
The Halo Braid
The halo braid is another plait classic. Undone and effortless, it can be worn anywhere and look relevant.
- Spritz your hair with sea salt spray and lightly blow dry, allowing the product to set while twisting the body of your hair to create tousled waves.
- Divide your hair into two even sections.
- Taking one section, plait it into a classic braid. Then repeat on the other section of your hair.
- Take both braids and wrap them around the crown, so that they sit at the front of your head. Secure it in place with grips, leaving loose strands to fall and frame your face.
- Finish with hairspray to secure the look in place.
A throwback to the 70s, this laidback, carefree look combines tousled waves with a few simple braids to add a subtle, bohemian vibe to your hair. Whether you’re sat on a beachy or are flaunting a flowing summer dress, it is a great look.
You can create the look:
- Spray sea salt spray all over your hair to add texture.
- Twist various sections of your hair to create natural tousled curls. Then blow dry your hair, carefully loosening the twists as you go.
- Taking an under-section of hair from behind the ear, create a loose French braid. Apply dry wax for texture. Then continue to create four braids randomly throughout your hair.
- Finish the look with a mist of texturising hairspray.
And there you have it, four styles for summer that can be worn for any and every occasion!
Related: Tutorial: Four Hairstyles For Spring
Subscribe To GLOSSYBOX
Of course, if you love all thing beauty, you’re going to fall head over heels for our GLOSSYBOX. Filled with 5 must-have makeup, skincare and haircare products, it allows you to discover the trendiest beauty essentials out there. Plus, we’ll deliver a box straight to your door every month. What are you waiting for? Subscribe now!