Want a sure-fire way to really, truly hydrate and lift your complexion for that beautifully fresh faced look? The answer lies in the art of facial massage.
Trust us, spending an extra five minutes in front of the mirror to work products into your skin makes a WORLD of difference. You see, facial massage comes equipped with a whole host of incredible benefits, from boosting luminosity and banishing sluggishness to lifting and nourishing.
The trick is to specifically target different sections of your face in a more precise manner, from your forehead to your jaw, applying light pressure as you do so.
So, we’ve teamed up with Darphin to guide you through a trio of massage techniques designed to target different issues (as demonstrated by our Editorial Director Evie Leatham) – and each using either serum, oil or face cream. Let us know how you get on!
The digitopressure massage
What will it do? Boost luminosity and correct skin concerns
Using the pressure points on my face (we have 300 relating to every part of the body) this massage stimulated the skins surface, which enhanced the effectiveness of any products I applied afterwards.
1. Pump 3 drops of serum into the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and gently sweep across face, neck, and décolleté
2. Press your hands over cheeks.
3. Press your palms over forehead and chin.
4. Lightly tap your fingertips on your face, neck and décolleté – as if you were playing the piano.
The drainage massage
What will it do? Cleanse and detoxify
By stimulating the muscles, this delicate feather-like technique gently cleansed and detoxified the surface of my skin – giving me the ultimate boost in radiance. It also works to prevent sagging and help with lymphatic drainage, in turn taking away that tired, sallow look.
1. Pour 5 drops into your palm and rub your hands together. Cup your hands over your nose and inhale deeply.
2. Place your hands flat alongside your nose and lift toward hairline.
3. Glide palms outward toward your ears, then slide downwards along your neck.
4. Lightly press your hands flat around neckline.
The deep tissue massage
What will it do? Lift, tone and sculpt
This anti-ageing massage lifted, shaped, sculpted and toned the contours of my face, all while totally relaxing me and giving my complexion an instant hit of nourishment and hydration.
1. Place a pearl-sized amount into your palm and rub hands together, then gently sweep across face, neck and décolleté.
2. Starting from the collarbone, work your hands upward toward cheeks in a lifting motion.
3. Continue lifting while applying light pressure, from cheek to hairline.
4. Place one palm flat against your forehead, at the arch of the brows, and lift toward hairline, alternating hands.
To discover the perfect oil, serum and cream to go with each technique, visit Darphin.co.uk